Saturday, June 25, 2011

Review: HTC EVO 3D, Cool but Limited Technology


For the past 15 years of my life, I define myself as a total gadget geek. I love getting new technology as it comes out. So when Sprint, my cell phone company for nearly as long, came out with the HTC EV 3D, I had to get it in my hands.

This of course is the first cell phone that projects true three-dimensional images. I love 3-D. So this phone should be the perfect match for me. It didn't disappoint.

The 3-D images produce an amazing and clear depth of field that makes you believe you are seriously looking in a room. In fact, I like the 3-D image better than the current generation of 3-D televisions, which don't disappoint either.

The problem is, it's impossible to use the 3-D technology beyond the phone, making the phone the only way to view images you take with its impressive 3-D camera. To the best of my knowledge you can't even share images and put on some glasses if you don't have the phone. This is the limits of the technology, but other than that this phone is very cool and is on my wish list when my phone upgrade comes up in September.

Their are plenty of apps and games that use the phones 3-D, which makes this phone even more impressive. The only thing I don't like is the Android operating system's layout. It's not that I don't like Android, but my Samsung Galaxy S has a friendlier Android interface that resembles the Apple iPhone interface.

No comments:

Post a Comment