Friday, July 22, 2011

The State of Missouri Cracking Down on Safety Inspections With New Glass Law

Has your windshield been cracked because the state of Missouri doesn't require dump truck owners to cover their loads? Did you know that when a rock gets kicked out of their load and damages your windshield, they are not responsible?

So, you have to ask which Missouri legislator has an interest in a glass company. Remember, this i show it works in Jefferson City. You may remember there was a legislator in the state of Missouri who was connected to the pay day loan industry that led for the restrictions to be lifted from the industry so he and his cronies could charge exuberant amounts of interest in what is really a shady industry to begin with. Interest rates on pay day loans in Missouri frequently hit to over 100%. Of course this is a free market practice, which is one way I do look at this, but there is that Jefferson City connection that always kind of bothered me about the lifting of the restrictions. Of course those things popped up thicker than Planned Parenthood offices in the ghetto once the restrictions were lifted.

That's why I ask who in Jefferson City has interest in auto glass. Last year the same crack in my windshield which is placed about an inch above the wipers and from the center to the passenger side no interfering with my field of vision passed inspection without any problems. This year the same crack failed inspection. So what about the crack made it less safer this year than last? And besides, I drive a convertible, which means my safety is already compromised because of the ragtop. Like I am going to be worried about the windshield once my car starts rolling.

This year any cracks must be within three inches from the edge of the windshield or you will fail your inspection. As I lobbied with the inspector, clearly showing him the crack was not in my line of sight, he noted the state of Missouri is cracking down on inspectors. With $10,000 fines for an offense, it's obvious the cash-strapped state is finding petty "safety" issues to fail cars.

In reality, my convertible is the best maintained car I have ever owned, brakes check regularly, lights replaced immediately when they burned out, and tires replaced before they are unsafe. All because a rock thrown at my car by a dump truck, which the state of Missouri doesn't want to protect drivers from by forcing them to carry less and cover their loads, my car has been deemed unsafe for Missouri roads. I bet I could find hundred cars this afternoon that are less worthy to be on the roads than mine.

There is a reason they call this state MISERY.

No comments:

Post a Comment