Friday, July 15, 2011

Feeling Much Guilt Today


This has been one of the hardest weeks of my life. Losing my dog Kayleigh has hurt more than I ever imagined, and I am feeling so much guilt today. It was about a week ago this time that I last saw her strong, healthy, and energetic.

She wanted so badly to go with me that day. I had to get a hair cut in town, and she walked with me out to the car wanting so badly to get in the car and go for a ride. She loved riding in the car, but I always hated the hair she left in the car that I could never completely remove it. I told her no, she wasn't going. I got in the car and drove off. I trusted she would stay in the yard. I had begun to train her and trust her to stay in the yard and she was doing so well. For some reason, something must have gotten her attention that day.

For the past seven plus years, I was an overprotective parent, always concerned about her safety. She was an innocent child in a mean world, and I always went out of my way to protect her. Being out in the country and watching her happy within the boundaries of property, I never imagined what I would come home to.

I feel so much guilt today.

No comments:

Post a Comment