Wednesday, July 13, 2011
A Rough Day for Kayleigh
Yesterday, I thought we were in the clear, but today, I am not as hopeful. We made it over 24 hours without vomiting, but when I left to go grab some milk after 2:00 today, I came back to vomit all over the floor. She still isn't eating, and she may be dehydrated too.
I am waiting for a call from Dr. Thomas Tharp to discuss this and the copper colored urine I noticed today. What worries the most is they say dogs start to pull away when they are ready to die. Kayleigh seems to be pulling away. I let her wonder for a few minutes today in the yard, and she tried to leave the yard; although she doesn't have much speed these days to get away. When I tried to get her to come back with me, she just rolled over on her side. When I tried to get her back on her feet, she fought me.
I went and got some bailing twine and made a leash out of it. She walked with me, fighting part of the way, but I eventually got her back to the house.
Maybe I am being selfish for wanting to save her. Maybe she is trying to tell me to let go. I don't know. How am I supposed to know? Yesterday, she acted so good, but today she isn't as enthusiastic.
How can I get her to eat? I am told to be patient and let her rest through Friday. Friday seems to be the day everyone things the shock will wear off. I guess I am scared of losing her.
Labels:
Kayleigh
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment