I have to admit it was tough typing the last update about Kayleigh. I think it's hard to lose a dog when they are 13 or 14 years old. When they are in the prime of their life, beautiful, strong, and active, and you think you have at least three or four good years left, the last thing you want to hear is your dog has weeks maybe a few months to live.
I got a second and third opinion today. First, a call to Dr. Divine in Ozark, and then another vet here in Ohio. They want to take it slow and not jump to any quick judgement about cancer. The Ohio vet felt her stomach and couldn't feel any growth and didn't seem to think it was cancer or a tumor.
So we will let her rest at home, give her some TLC, and make sure she takes her meds. In a week, we will see the vet again.
Kayleigh is resting tonight after fighting with her to take her meds, which she threw up. That meant I had to dig them out and make her swallow them. You know what, considering she's here alive with me, I really didn't think too much about it.
Monday, July 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment