Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Chicago Cubs Manager Mike Quade Runs into Problems with TSA Thugs

When you live in Chicago, you are supposed to get used to the thugs. However, things like being the Chicago Cubs manager is supposed to be worthy of a pass. Not so with new Cubs manager Mike Quade. He recently had an altercation with the TSA thugs at what seems to be the #1 airport for TSA tyranny, Sky Harbor Airport in Phoenix.

After serving as a coach on the National League squad for Tuesday's All-Star game, Quade planned to fly home from Phoenix via a commercial flight.
Instead of easily getting through Sky Harbor Airport, Quade was detained by the TSA for close to 40 minutes. Quade was patted down twice and even taken into a back room, where his bags were screened.

"I guess they thought I had a bomb or something," he told the Chicago Tribune. "I never did tell him [my job]. I don't do that. I was hoping they'd ask. I guess one of their alarms went off. You hear about it, but now I get the full patdown [and the question] 'Are you sensitive in any areas?'"

No comments:

Post a Comment